Jun 18, 2014

Poem

"The mountains shake before You"-- that is put into perspective as I write from the top of Pikes Peak.  Here's a poem I wrote based on what I saw on the way up and the way I was feeling while at the top (other than light-headed!).

Lord, I see what Your hands have made;
You carved the hills and shaped the mountains
With Your mighty hand.
You breathe life into the trees,
You direct the path of the babbling brooks.
The wind curves along the mountain side,
And it goes where You lead it.
The grass grows from frozen ground
And flowers somehow bloom--
All at Your will, Lord; all when You say.
And I, Lord, I am your handiwork;
I am Your beautiful creation,
Just as the flowers and trees and mountains are.
You direct my path; You shaped me
With Your mighty hands.
For this I will rejoice; yes, for You
I will shout!
I will sing from my heart
And from this mountain top,
I will declare You to the world.

~Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment