Jun 2, 2014

A Random Story

Here's a random story that I found from March 16 (2014). It isn't completely gramatically correct and some of the ideas aren't very fluid but being that our blog is about the importance of living creatively and DOING whether things are perfect or not, I decided I should share this with ya'll. 

When I wrote this story I was really overwhelmed with life and I began to think about what it would be like if I had my own land to escape to whenever I was overwhelmed. Writing really helps me when I'm struggling (especially emotionally) and you can kind of see this in the story as it starts with a more uptight and concrete idea and then it becomes much more free and abstract. I hope this story might be able to speak to you in some way or another, even if you find it a bit strange ;0)


'Sometimes I wish I could go to my own blank corner of the world.
I could stay there for weeks and I could paint it mine. I would spend hours drawing and I would write so many stories. I would create an extravagant wardrobe that seems like it would only fit for costumes. I would sing. I would sing as loudly or as softly as I wanted and every time my voice chimed, flowers would grow all around me. Whenever I smile, there would be a soft warm light, waiting to make me at home, and whenever a tear fell from my face, it would water the earth beneath my feet so that new seeds would be planted and I would be able to enjoy them once they grow. I wouldn't wear shoes and my hair would never be a problem. In fact, I might not even have hair. Every time I felt tired, a tree branch would spring up and create a hammock for me. I would rest my head for hours at a time, and once I was ready, I would get up and dance. The best music I could imagine would be played by the nature around me and all the animals would dance with me.

I would read books and watch movies.
I would learn new languages and I would learn new instruments-- some which were only in my imagination and they would make sounds that no one else would have ever heard before. 
I would jump on clouds that were low to the ground and I would take pictures of it all.

Sometimes, I would slay dragons, just because it made me feel more brave but then I would use a special type of healing flower to heal the dragons again because we only fought for fun. We acted like I was "slaying the beast," but in reality we were just playing around. They knew how much I had always wanted to slay a dragon before I had ever met one and learned that it is impossible for them to be mean. You see, there is a myth that dragons try to eat and harm people, when in fact, dragons are kind creatures that are born with all the nutrients they need to sustain themselves for the rest of their life. Best of all, dragons have the ability to feel human emotion. If you look into a dragon’s eye, the creature will feel the exact emotion you are feeling— and in that moment, an inseparable bond is created.

I would ride the skies on the dragons’ backs and look over the streams. When it got particularly hot outside in the afternoons, I would jump off the dragon’s back, into a pool of water. Diving in and out of waterfalls, jumping from ginormous cliffs. I'd swim with exotic fish and sometimes I would invite a friend or two.

These moments were some of the best I’d ever lived, and if you were lucky enough to join me from time to time, you’d understand what I mean.
I would stay in my corner of the world for days (and with company—weeks—at a time) but eventually; I would have to return to the real world. However, I didn’t mind; it was a beautiful life I lived. I could live much like any other person, and learn from enduring the hardships of the world but I also had another space to call my own, a perfect sanctuary when I needed it. This time of my life was wonderful...

But then one day, when I tried to open the door to my corner of the world, I couldn't open it. The door was locked! I sat there for hours, banging on it and crying as if that would somehow help me, but it didn't! No matter how much I screamed or begged the invisible person that was never even there, I couldn't open that door back up again. I cried myself to sleep for days and days as I sat right under that door, thinking that someone else might walk by and swing it wide open for me, but of course no one ever did. No one ever could.

In fact, by the third day of my panic, I turned to the door with a look of dread as I saw it slowly start to disappear right before my very eyes. "NO!!!" I screamed, "NOOOOO! YOU CANT TAKE THIS FROM ME!" I continued screaming at the invisible no one. "Please! Please! NO!" I yelled as I lunged for the dissolving white door. And just like that, it was gone.

"Forever," I thought, "the one thing I knew I could hold onto is gone.... It's gone forever..." I sat there for what felt like hours, but in reality was but a few minutes, wondering what I did to deserve this and why this might have happened. Disappointment, fear, anger, sadness... They're all feelings that crossed my heart, but above all was shock. I couldn't believe that I had just seen the door to my sanctuary disappear before my very eyes, nor could I believe that in that moment, I felt I had nothing left to live for and while I considered jumping off a bridge or simply sitting there to starve, I knew that there had to be something more to the whole thing. Just as I was about to ask myself where to begin, a note fell beside me, as if someone had opened a door and slid the note inside. It read,

"While some waste their lives away for joyless means of surviving,
Others find there is more to life, so they help to begin the reviving.
They start the day with simple joys, until they find there is more to life,
And once they start, they can't be stopped, just like the wind in a kite."

I didn't know it quite yet, but this day would later be known as the day an adventure began, and eventually, I might even call it “the day THE adventure began,”...and all it took was a split second of thinking and the ability to rise to my feet and say, "Alright then. I think it's time we get started. Change doesn’t change by itself…"

To be continued…
Possibly…'


Thanks for readin' y'all. Love ya longtime!

Live, Learn, Love, Leave a Legacy,
                                        & Stay Creative,
                     Emma

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Emma! The visualization is fantastic. I think this is definitely one of my favorite blog posts!
    ~Laurel

    ReplyDelete