Jun 1, 2014

I Own my Creativity


A poem I wrote in late 2013 about my struggle with doing any art...


I promise you it won't be easy. But it will be worth it.


I am my biggest enemy.
Ending my creativity.
Taking myself out from under me.
When dedication and persistence are what I want to be my motto,
I stop myself because I see others' progress and I feel like that's a road I could not follow.
But WHY? 
WHY do I sabotage myself?
Why do I STOP myself from creating?
HOW?!?!
HOW can I MAKE myself move on...?
I can't. I won't.

God will. Because He can. GOD can
So he will. He will encourage and strengthen. He will lift and hold me, he will love and know me.
He will love my art.
He will love it so much because it reflects a special place in my heart.
A place that he created and wants me to share
A place that he made to grow,
A place that he loves that is deep in my soul.



Live, Learn, Love, Leave a Legacy,
                                        & Stay Creative,
                     Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment