Feb 17, 2015

The Strength to Face Tomorrow

This is a poem I wrote today. I was writing it for a specific purpose and though I liked it, I didn't feel like it fit the situation that I was writing it for so instead I decided to post it here. I hope it might be an encouragement to someone out there...

Life isn’t easy-- well, at least not most of the time.
It usually seems like we’re walking a straight but dotted line
A line that stand between who we are and who we want to be;
A line that brings us all together, and then separates between you and me.


Things aren’t always simple.
You don’t always know which way to go…
One minute, you’re on the right path
The next, you’re hit with a giant sign that says “NO!”


“No, you’re not smart enough,
Not fast enough,
Not vast enough,
You’re not true enough,
Not YOU enough--


HA! You thought you could be anything?
Is that what they told you?”


Yes it is, but what you didn’t realize is that you only have to be the bold version of you.


The you that faces tomorrow, knowing you can make it through today.
The you that knows tomorrow may be here, or in heaven-- but either way,
It doesn’t matter because when you put your faith in Jesus-- that is enough!
He will hold you, he will mold, he will keep you when life gets tough.


So whatever holds you back, whatever holds you down,
Look at it in the eyes and say “I WILL not fall to the ground!


For I am everything God made me to be-- just as He envisioned.
And I will not degrade myself for the sake of losing in your scrimmage.


I don’t have two roads to take or two choices to make, I have the entire world at my feet.
And, yes, most days will be hard but I have Jesus to strengthen me when I am weak.


So take your money, take your time, take your lust, your doubt, your pride.
And I’ll take my faith and put it in God-- I won’t keep it locked inside.


For he who knows his true worth is the one with true victory in the end

And every price I had to pay is with Jesus-- my Savior and Friend.”



Live, Learn, Love, Leave a Legacy,

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment