Apr 21, 2014

It's a God thing

Over the last few weeks, and specifically this last week, I've been bombarded with spiritual ups and downs.  Though my life outwardly is still the same, there are a lot of things that have impacted my heart, mind, and soul.  I can feel my relationship with my Creator changing every day.  I've been challenged by a lot of emotional battles and life issues in general; I realized something about all these happy and sad moments, all these things I've been facing and going through lately.  It's a God thing. 

God is doing something in me-- I'm not entirely sure what, just yet, but it's something big and life-changing.  I'm excited to see what it is, yet nervous about the change because I am a creature of habit.  I usually like to follow the same type of routine each day, I am satisfied with eating the same foods I've always eaten, and I don't often try new and crazy things.  But when God tugs on my heart strings and tells me it's time for a change, and then leads me through the transition from one thing to another, I can't help but get excited. 

Also, since it is a new week, I have a new list of challenges that I will be trying to accomplish.  To be honest, I am a little nervous about the life challenge I'm giving myself, because I've never been all that good at consistently spending a certain amount of time reading the Bible every day.  I'm not one of those people who sets a time and every morning at 6, or maybe 7, I get up and read the Word for 30 minutes or even 1 hour.  I'm the type of person who will meditate on one verse one day, read a different passage the next, then go back to the verse I read previously.  Sitting down to read is not my strong suit, and I think it's easy to put off that daily devotion time with excuses.  So this week, I'm going to stop giving excuses! 

Life: I am going to purposefully spend more time in the Word, and will be attempting to memorize a Bible verse this week. 
Creativity: More photography projects, and trying to reach my goal of 60,000 words with a book I am currently in the process of writing. 
Project: The weather has been so nice, I am going to go for a bike ride!

As always, if you would like to join me in a challenge or share your opinion, personal experience, or any other tidbit, go for it!  Let's do life together.
~Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment