Dec 29, 2014

My 2015 Bucket List

I've never been much of a "bucket list" person, or the type of person who makes New Year resolutions...but this year, I'm giving it a try.  In 2015, I want to take more chances, try new things, and experience life in new ways.  (Don't we all?)  So here are my top 10 goals for the year of 2015:

1. Run a 10k. 
In 2014, I ran my first 5k.  I plan to do a 10k in May!  Originally, I wanted to try a 1/2 marathon, but some issues have blockaded my ability to prepare for something that large.
2. Climb the incline.  
Between unknown knee pains, knee surgery, and other medical issues in the last few years, I've somehow never gotten around to this one.
3. Finish writing another book. 
After writing it for 4 years, I finished my first novella in 2014 with over 65,000 words!  This year, I plan to finish the one I'm currently working on.  Shouldn't be too hard.
4. Compete in NaNoWriMo again.
For anyone who likes writing, this is such a fun and worthwhile challenge!  I didn't think I could do it because I write incredibly slowly.  But, amazingly, I finished it!  And it feels so great.
5. Make a documentary.
I am saving up to substantially upgrade my camera, and the one I'm buying has great film capabilities.  I have several ideas that have always sounded like fun, and why not give 'em a try!
6. Record a set of songs.
As a musician, I have often played around with random melodies, making up my own songs and such.  Why not record a couple of them for fun, to have for future years?  Another fun thing to try out!
7. Read 50 books.
Eventually I want to be reading more than this, but I think 50 books in 52 weeks sounds daunting enough for me to give it a try.
8. Go camping.
This may not sound like a bucket list item, but I haven't been camping since I was a kid and I have been wanting to do it again for a long time!
9. Finish my "Hipster Princes" photo project.
For those of you who know what this is, you'll know that I have been working on it since August and only have two of the princes done!  For those of you who don't know what it is...well, you can ask me and I'll gladly divulge all the details.
10. Read through the Old Testament for the purpose of finding Christophanies.
This is something my pastor suggested to the congregation recently, and I love the idea.  Jesus Christ walked on the pages of the Old Testament, whether literally or in foreshadowing, and reading through the O.T. for that purpose sounds so great!

Anything exciting on your bucket list for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment