Sep 22, 2014

Seasons change, as do we all.

Well the crazy, wedding-packed season of my life has come to an end! FINALLY! (Love you Shawn, Katie, Hannah, and Andrew...but I am glad to be done with your weddings!)

And now it seems that we have swung fully into yet another crazy season of life, just as I was ready to relax!  I suppose I got to do all my relaxing last semester, when I was sitting at home doing nothing and waiting for my knee to heal.  What is that about "the grass is always greener on the other side?"  I distinctly remember saying to myself that life was too boring back then!  And now, it's too busy?  Such is life, I suppose.

School is in full-swing, I'm working part-time at various jobs, and Emma and I are trying to get our business up and working.  So much to do!  Things are even changing in my church life--I am at a crossroads and have to decide whether to continue as the youth worship leader and try to figure out how to fit it into my schedule, or step down from that and basically not be around the amazing church family I love so much.

Decisions, decisions. 

Amidst it all, I am realizing how much I am NOT in control of my own life.  If it were up to me, I'd be done with school forever (because who needs a college degree? Heh...), I would have a job at a publishing company already part-time, I'd be working at my church and would have many hours to devote to that, and would still have a plethora of time for friends.  Basically, I want to be Superwoman.  Or, Batman.  Yeah, I want to be Batman. 

Even superheroes have their limits, though.  And we can't always get what we want.  I am so prevalently learning that in life right now!  I don't always get what I want!  Wow, that makes me sound like a whiny little kid...but I digress.  What I'm getting at is, it's so cool how God knows what I need and gives me just that, even when I want something else.  I'm constantly reminded of how little I know about what's best, and how much He does.  And oh my goodness, do you guys realize how patient He is with us?  Serious props for being so patient and loving, even though we mess up every single day of our lives.

Anyway!  All around me I can feel a season of change--not just the leaves turning gold and the temperatures dropping, but also change in myself and in my life.  Just a few months ago I was living in a house with my amigos--my two older siblings.  Now I'm in a different house, and it's just me and my parents.  I am practically an only child!  So weird! 

I have no idea what's in store for me in the next season of my life.  Every time I think I know, I find out I'm wrong.  I think I should just stop trying to figure it all out, and let it play out.  Though I am not a person who enjoys immense amounts of change at one time, I am finding that sometimes that will just happen and I have to learn to go with it. 

So that's me right now, learning to adapt to changes and go with the flow wherever God takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment